North Ferriby Football Club, Grange Lane, HU14 3AB 01482 634601

Match Report:

North Ferriby VS East Hull

Ten-man East Hull FC suffered a torrid time at Grange Lane this afternoon, losing 3-1 to a superior North Ferriby FC side.

After two postponements, Ferriby will be pleased with their emphatic, hugely dominant display in front of a record high crowd of 619.

The rain actually gave way to bright sunshine as the teams entered the pitch at three o'clock. The Dransfield was still heavy and cutting up with ease nonetheless.

The first half, as was the full ninety minutes, was all Ferriby.

Eddy Birch tested the visiting goalkeeper Harrison Chapman Dusher early one, winning a header well and forcing him to palm over his crossbar.

It was on fifteen minutes that the Villagers took the lead. Laurence McKay enjoyed the freedom of the left channel all day and managed to get just inside the East Hull area to play a cut back to Tom Corner. The striker could not miss from inside the six-yard box.

Ferriby continued their pressure but it was East Hull who got a shock equalizer. Against the run of play would be an understatement.

Josh Ward, who along with fellow winger Shawn Matongo were by far the stand-outs for their side, received a high ball over the Ferriby defence. He chopped inside of Levi Tarbotton and curled into the far corner from the right edge of the Ferriby area finishing off a fine solo move.

Andy Taylor and Joe Dale both had chances for the hosts before Birch restored their lead.

He had the ball just inside the visitors' penalty box for what seemed like an eternity before he unleashed a wicked low shot from an acute angle on the left to hit the keeper's near post and find the back of the net.

The best of the bunch came from substitute Danny Emerton however, who scored the last goal of the day on seventy-four minutes.

The second half was a fairly dull and stale affair. It was all Ferriby pressure under the new Dransfield floodlights, and all down the left-hand side of McKay and Joe Dale.

Emerton found the freedom of the centre of the pitch with sixteen minutes remaining however. He unleashed a wicked shot from twenty-yards that flew past the helpless Chapman Dusher at into his right-hand side of the goal.

The afternoon then got worse for the travelling East Hull side. Gary Driscoll, making his debut after a move from Selby Town, was shown a straight red card for recklessly diving in on McKay from behind.

That was shortly after Jamie Waltham was substituted, much to the delight of the 619-strong Ferriby faithful. One can only imagine the thoughts of the one-time North Ferriby United chairman, as he was booed off the pitch at the ground where he once could have been celebrated.

The phoenix club of North Ferriby FC ultimately comfortably dispatched the pretenders from Dunswell.

North Ferriby FC Squad: Lewis Exall; Ben Leyland, Laurence McKay, Levi Tarbotton, Dan Nichols; Louis Kirk, Joel Shortland, Eddy Birch ©; Joe Dale, Tom Corner, Andy Taylor

Substitutes: Danny Emerton, Jordan Douglas, Keiron Walker, Morgan Brough, Russell Fry

Attendance: 619