North Ferriby Football Club, Grange Lane, HU14 3AB 01482 634601

Match Report:

North Ferriby VS Nostell Miners Welfare

North Ferriby 2 Nostell Miners Welfare 1

It was another indifferent performance from North Ferriby as they maintained their unbeaten home record with a 2-1 win over Nostell Miners Welfare on Tuesday night. They controlled the game for the first half before they allowed Nostell back into the game before seeing it out for the win.

Ferriby totally dominated the first half and who should have been going in at the break leading by more then two goals. The home side had two penalties, converting one but a late Nostell goal made for a edgy finish to the game.

Manager Chris Bolder was certainly frustrated with his side in not seeing the game out in the first period but was pleased with the way his side has played in that first 45 minutes when he said: “The bottom line is three points, another win and we keep rolling on but lets be fair we should have been out of sight first half.

“I thought we were absolutely exceptional in the first half and controlled the full 45 minutes we played some wonderful stuff. Once again the frustration was our inability to convert chances with double figure opportunities to score a goal and we come in at just two.

“2-0 is always a precarious score line but I don’t know what the heck goes on with our lads at the minute as the second half we were indifferent. I think tonight we just didn’t take control of the game but we have to be careful not to be too critical.

“The volume of effort and intensity and the energy levels the lads put in during the first half was phenomenal. They did deserve to come in with a greater margin but that didn’t happen and I think we were a little bit gassed if I am honest and was evident for all to see.

“We looked really sluggish second half, heavy legged and we stopped controlling the game which means that possession was going to turn over quickly and you are working even harder to get the ball back. I thought we controlled the last five to ten minutes of the game to actually see it out.”

The Villagers got off to a great start when a superb through ball found Danny East and he unleashed a low shot for a third minute 1-0 lead. The lead could have been doubled but Tom Corner headed wide after a free kick when Scott Phillips was fouled.

Midway through the first half Ferriby were awarded a penalty when Phillips rounded the keeper only to be brought down by Alex Haigh. A penalty was awarded, but as per the letter of the law a yellow card for Haigh not red, before East hit the penalty straight at Nostell keeper Chris Carter.

Just before half-time the Villagers were again awarded a spot kick when Danny Emerton went round the keeper only to be brought down. Another yellow card this time for the keeper but he failed to stop the Phillips penalty as the home side led 2-0 at half-time.

The second half saw Ferriby sit back and allow Nostell to ease their way into the game rather then putting a further stamp on it. The visitors had chances to get on the scoreboard which they did on 79 minutes when Brett Smith put in substitute Nathan Hawkhead in on goal and he shot past Lewis Exall.



Ferriby: Lewis Exall, Ben Leyland, Laurence McKay, Levi Tarbotton, Niall Tilsley, Joel Shortland, Danny Emerton, Louis Kirk, Scott Phillips, Danny East, Tom Corner Subs: Jamie Forrester (Shortland (84), Jordan Douglas, Danny Buttle (Corner 75), Josh Street (Phillips 73), Iwan Heeley 

Goals: East (3), Phillips (42 pen)


Nostell: Chris Carter, Sam Ford, Harry Atkinson, Alex Haigh, Jamie Allsop, Harvey Walker, Luis Penny-Larter, Brett Smith, Lewis Stephens, Amir Berchil, Joe Wood Subs: Ashley Austin, Charlie Thompson, Nathan Hawkhead (Wood 59), Brandon Hughes-Miller (Stephens 16), Billy Lumsden (Allsop 82)

Goal: Hawkhead (79)


Referee: Leon Westerman

Half-time: 2-0

Man of the match: Niall Tilsley

Attendance: 300